Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday I'm back in "The Lab"

After a nice little trip to Boston, I've resumed my pre-production tasks in high gear.

While I was away, I took the opportunity to memorize the lines for my character in Tuning In, Tuning Out. I also wound up composing some additional music for the musical score I'm recording. How do I do this while on vacation with no instruments? I wake up in the middle of the night with a vision of a certain melody playing over a particular scene and I sing it into my voice note recorder.

Oh, I might as well mention that while I was on "vacation," I was also invited to contribute some more writing for the British Horror Magazine Diabolique. For those of you who don't know, this is a pretty prestigious magazine that is available at your local bookstores; the last article of mine that they published was about the making of Outtake Reel. Anyway, I am about halfway through writing my third article for them (the second is about nudity in horror films and is scheduled for publication in 2013); this article will concern children and horror movies.

Back in the lab, I've made a mold of my teeth (I was successful after two attempts) upon which I will sculpt creature teeth. Additionally, having received the postal scale that I ordered through Amazon, I was able to measure out the delicate balance of components to successfully mix up a batch of Silicone. As mentioned on the Tuning In, Tuning Out Facebook Page, the cracked plaster cast of my face needs duplication; so instead of casting my face all over again, I'm casting the cast of my face. And to do that, I needed to take safety precautions (goggles, mask) to avoid the harmful effects of the chemicals.

I've also been generally rounding up some of the miscellaneous props and supplies necessary for shooting - which starts next week!

Anyway, there's still plenty to do, so I'm gonna get back to my things before reporting to one of my "real" jobs at the tutoring center. If you haven't already done so, now would be a good time to help me out with ANY amount of donation to the project, which you can do here: DONATE

No comments:

Post a Comment