Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mmmm....Sunday....Flech!!...

So it's Sunday, big deal. So it's Daylight Savings time...tell that to my cat. Bottom line is that today promises to be a busy one. First, I gots two students, then I gots to go to Betty's concert, then I gots to go to dinner afterwards, during which Betty encouraged me to shmooze. Of course, she didn't use that terminology.

In any event, all things considered, it's turning out to be a decent weekend (meaning Productive). I spent 10 hours (give or take an hour or so) working on the Halloween Episode of TMT. Turns out my vision is a lot more involved than I had originally anticipated -- the good news is that I pretty much finished up the visual aspect of the thing (I've only yet to do the audio design, which is a bit intricate, as well). I'm no longer as inspired to meet the "Simpsons Halloween Special" Deadline, as I am to do my vision justice and not take too many shortcuts. Anyway, I'll dedicate my spare time to it today.

In other news, I was contacted by my cousin (who is connected with my distribution lead), and he told me that the distribution lead is currently too busy with AFM (that's American Film Market for you folks not in the industry) to deal with it right now. So, no news is still good news. But apart from that, I've been looking into self-distribution models, and I'm pretty excited to go forth -- if that is the road that I must take.

My ideas for a new project to shoot Ultra Cheap in the beginning of 2011 are slowly drifting into a very inspiring collage. I'll find the secret to successful no-budget filmmaking, yet!

Have a good day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment